Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Hate This!

This Route 4 bus was parked this morning at Rodney Square, on King Street at the corner of 10th. Notice there is no route sign, just "Dart Garage." It laid over like this for nearly ten minutes before the driver finally opened the doors and turned in the Route 4 Lancaster Ave. sign at 9:11 a.m.

Meanwhile, other buses were arriving and  lining up behind down the block. The trees are in full leaf and there is no way to see both this bus and those half way down the block.

Now this is why I hate it when drivers do this. I needed to catch the 33, and I did not know if this bus was going to turn on a Route 33 sign, or if the Route 33 bus would be way down the block. If I stand close enough to see this bus, I can't see the signs on the arriving bus. If I walk down the block so I can see arriving buses, I can't see the sign change on this bus.

DART ought to absolutely prohibit drivers from laying over, even for a short time, without a route sign lit. It makes it very hard for passengers to find their bus. For those with poor vision (like me) or handicapped, it is particularly difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment