Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Call from a Williams Campaign Worker

I had a call from a Williams mayoral campaign worker this evening. She had one of those unpleasant accents - somewhere north of here. I still can't reliably distinguish Philadelphia from New York, I'm afraid. And someone told me there is an actual Delaware accent, mostly a downstate thing. I can't imagine what it could be. If anyone knows, let me know please.

Anyway, on topic again, the caller asked whether they could "count on me," and I said I hadn't made up my mind yet. I was troubled by the financial issues reported for Williams. But... my real hot button issue was the public transport problem here in Wilmington, namely Baker's attempts to get rid of the hub at Rodney Square without planning any kind of reasonable replacement. If a candidate came out solidly against this policy, and in favor of some real, proactive planning for bus passengers in downtown Wilmington, I could overlook a lot.

"Hmmm," she said. "Well, thank you for your time. Click."

I guess she didn't know how to respond. Meaning this issue isn't anywhere on the radar for Williams.

Guess that's another one I won't be supporting, let alone voting for. That makes two, as I still have had zero response from Montgomery. Losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment