Monday, July 23, 2012

No Response from Montgomery So Far

Well, as promised I have begun making inquiries of Wilmington's mayoral candidates. I began with Bill Montgomery, because he seems to be making a very strong push at this point in the campaign. He's going to the forums, talking to the News Journal.. But he is not putting much up on his Facebook page lately. Also... I sent him a message on Facebook, stating my opinion that the Baker administration has done a very poor job of managing, let alone improving, public transportation in our city, and asking about his stance on this issue.

Result so far - nada, nothing, zero response. That surprised me, because when I've sent messages to other, busier and more high-profile elected officials here in Delaware, I've always gotten some kind of response. Usually it doesn't really quite address what I actually asked, but still... an acknowledgement.

I'm going to go on to try to question the other viable candidates on this issue. Not sure I'll ask Bovell. I've heard some not-so-nice things about him and how he operates. But he does seem to have some interesting ideas, so maybe I will after all.

This public transportation thing is just such a non-issue for most people, apparently including most of our candidates. We only hear a little when people are up in arms about another really stupid DART service plan change proposal. What we need is proactive planning from our City. Baker wasn't up to it. Montgomery probably isn't either, but I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment